- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp peppermint oil (depending on how minty you like it)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Combine dates, coconut oil, cacao and peppermint oil in a food processor and blend until fully combined.
- Press the date mixture into a shallow non-stick baking pan to about 0.5-1 cm in thickness
- Sprinkle crumbled dark chocolate onto the surface of the slice. Ensure all of the mixture is completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, allowing the chocolate to melt over the date mixture. If unevenly spread, use a spatula to distribute the chocolate evenly over the top. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove slice from the oven and allow to cool (we don't recommend placing it in the fridge straight away). Once completely cooled, cut into portions and store in the fridge.